Title: Dividend on Death
Author: Brett Halliday
Cover artist: Robert Stanley
Estimated value: $10-12
Best things about this cover:
- Mike Shayne fights back against Obama's Death Panels.
- "*That's* no thermometer!" cried Mike Shayne.
- It looks like he's trying to do some gun hackysack and she's like "WTF!?"
- His tie is awesome. Did he fall from the sky?
Best things about this back cover:
- How much for the alliteration classes?
- "a flock of kisses from a hot-mouthed blond"—"Her kisses were like feverish sheep…"
- Dr. Pedique has the cure! Or so I imagine.
She gazed at him disdainfully. "What gave you the idea you were such hot stuff? If you haven't anything else on your mind, I'll ask you to go. I won't weep any salty tears if I never see you again."
"Only freshwater tears for you, sailor. Now scram!"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]