Title: The Remarkable Kennedys
Author: Joe McCarthy
Cover artist: photo cover
Estimated value: $5-8
Best things about this cover:
- That remarkable hair. He's actually holding a nail in his left hand, and he's about to drive it into the desk with his head.
- Remarkably, this book was published in February 1960, well before JFK was president. It is a slim little piece of Americana/Propaganda.
- Not *that* Joe McCarthy (I assume).
Best things about this back cover:
- John Folksy Kennedy.
- Wow, Eunice was a tall drink of water.
- The unreadable subtitle on that Robert F. Kennedy book is "The McClellan Committee's Crusade Against Jimmy Hoffa and Corrupt Labor Unions"
"He did well, but he would have done much better if he had somebody with him who knew the score instead of all those crew-cut college boys in their silk suits," one veteran says.
"Crew-College Boys In Their Silk Suits" sounds like a niche-market pin-up calendar.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]