Title: Anna Becker
Author: Max White
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $8-12
Donation to the collection from The Second Reader Bookshop (Buffalo, NY)
Best things about this cover:
- Who can forget Anna Becker's great novel, "Max White"? Or vice versa, I forget.
- This cover raises one (and only one) very important question: Where Can I Get That Lamp!?
- Anna had vowed to protect the Jesus Chair at all costs! ALL COSTS!
- Ew, what is he doing with his right thumb?
- Ew, "torn between fright and desire" is rapist talk, man. "She was shaking and resisting, but … ya know." Gross.
Best things about this back cover:
- So basically it's an exposé of the sexy librarian.
- A "FRANK" exposé! Hell yeah, "frank"!
- Sometimes I think paperbacks came to exist because hardback dust jacket cover art was just So Bad.
So when Harrison said he liked Anna better now, she was not prepared to see what he meant.
I understand, Anna. We all understand. P.S. run.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]