Title: Having Wonderful Crime
Author: Craig Rice
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $7
Best things about this cover:
- Bubbles! Wait, why are the martinis bubbling? Please don't say "that's champagne" because those are not champagne glasses.
- Also, stars! Because … because!
- I feel like Nick and Nora Charles are *just* out of frame.
Best things about this back cover:
- Wait, does that say "decapitated bride"? That's pretty gruesome for a 1940s crime comedy.
- Ha ha scare-quote *burn* on "free" verse.
- This book actually sounds kind of awesome.
"Yes, but the thing is," the medical examiner said again, "where is the other body, and where is the other head?"
My favorite part of that quotation is "again."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]