Title: Bell Timson
Author: Marguerite Steen
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $7
Best things about this cover:
- She is what I'd call "WASP-hot," though she does look a bit like she's been modeled out of Play-Doh, and those are really more flippers than hands.
- Something about her dimensions are just … off.
- This cover does not say "illicit business." It says "some lady, probably a lady named 'Bell Timson'."
- "The Sun Is My Undoing"—damn, that was gonna be the title of my autobiography! I'll have to go with my second choice, "Beyond the Pale."
Best things about this back cover:
- You said it, sister.
- "Ten years too long" made me legit laugh.
- If you named your kids Kay and Jo, you could refer them collectively as KayJo. Like, all the time. I would.
- Who is Bob and how does that relate to Bell's being a (I'm guessing) hooker? I'm really, really hoping that Jo discovers her fiancé once slept with her mom. That would at least be interesting.
"She was supposed to have 'touched pitch' and therefore been contaminated; you know what villagers are." Mr. Somervell laughed shortly.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]