Title: Lady in Peril / Wired for Scandal
Author: Lester Dent / Floyd Wallace
Cover artist: Uncredited / Uncredited
Yours for: $18
Best things about this cover:
- Nice, ominous, off-kilter, killer-POV shot.
- She has incredibly good posture for someone about to be brutally murdered. Style points for erect bearing and dramatic hand placement.
- This painting is like a giant metaphor for "No Means No"—What part of "Do Not Enter" do you not understand!?
- Lester Dent helped create the pulp hero Doc Savage.
Best things about this other cover:
- LOVE the design on this one. Strategic bursts of red against a semi-abstract green/white background. Nice variation on the floating head motif. Green rectangle with the tagline "Tune In And Die" brings balance and drama.
- Those guys are amazing dancers. Shake those hips, boys!
- I kind of dress like the victim but I secretly aspire to dress like the killer.
"Can I look around?"
"Look, but keep your prints to yourself."
"I left some last night."
"If you know what I mean…"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]