Title: A Taste for Cognac
Author: Brett Halliday
Cover artist: Bob Stanley
Yours for: $15
Best things about this cover:
- Red hair. Bow tie. Side glance.
- That ugly booth bench puts her in a rather weird, hunchy, decidedly unsexy position.
- His hand is almost too expertly rendered. Seems like a living thing, operating wholly independently from Cap'n Bow Tie.
Best things about this back cover:
- Psst, Blackie. He's gonna need his face for, you know, talking.
- Love trigger-happy gunmen. So much cooler than gun-happy triggermen. Or gun-shy gunmen—those guys are the worst.
- I am intrigued by the concept of "Night Bus."
"So you think I did it?" Shayne fumed.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]