Title: Lie Down, Killer
Author: Richard S. Prather
Cover artist: Darcy
Yours for: Not for sale (donation to the collection from S. Jacob)
Best things about this cover:
- "I said 'Lie *Down*'!"
- Despite the deplorable violence, like this cover. There's an interesting dynamic quality. I like motion. This is why James Avati leaves me Cold.
- I thought he was beating a woman, but then I looked at the neck region and realized he's merely defending the world against some horrible alien with pincer-claw-face. Seriously, no way those are earrings. They're claws. It's like a skeleton baby is trying to escape from her neck.
Best things about this back cover:
- I assume that last line of dialogue is supposed to be accompanied by ominous music, 'cause on its own it's pretty anti-climactic.
- "That woman gag," also the name of the BDSM supply store down the street.
- Love hate and murder—Prather's got you covered.
Steve straightened and looked around at them. Margo was looking at Gross, but Gross kept his eyes—and the .45—steadily on Steve. Steve pulled himself to the divan and sat on it ,his mind beginning to function.Steve was always happiest when his mind began to function. A rare, fleeting pleasure for Steve.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]