Title: Mistress of Falconhurst
Author: Lance Horner
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: Not for Sale (gift to the collection from Laurie Gagne)
Best things about this cover:
- You had me at Mandingo-font.
- Antebellum Lambada!
- His left hand is terrifying.
Best things about this back cover:
- "Did we mention MANDINGO? MANDINGO!"
- What kind of hell-on-earth do you have to create in order to become "the South's most notorious slave plantation"? Don't answer.
- "Sometimes it was hard to tell who was master and who was slave." — when I'm trying to tell master from slave, I use this simple heuristic: the slave is the black one.
- For some reason the phrase "... as only Lance Horner can tell it" is making me LOL.
He put his left arm around Djoubo's naked waist and drew him close, hefting his huge genitals in his right hand.
This is — swear to god — the least offensive thing on this page. What the hell, 1970s readers?
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]