Title: Uncle Tom's Children
Author: Richard Wright
Cover artist: jonas
Yours for: $20
Best things about this cover:
- Kind of an abrupt shift from all the sexed-up lesbian stuff I've been trafficking in lately.
- Simple, gruesome, effective cover from "jonas," one of the most important early pb cover artists.
- Really digging the title font. Also, that dude's pocket square.
Best things about this back cover:
- Back cover from back when paperbacks still modeled their back covers after those on the insides of hardcover dust jackets. Very straitlaced and informative and decidedly non-sensational.
- The first recipient of the Spingarn medal was Ernest Everett Just (1915). Trivia!
There was silence. Then Hadley laughed, noiselessly.
Laughed noiselessly? You might want to check that he's not choking.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]