Title: Just For Kicks
Author: Donna Powell
Cover artist: [Gene Bilbrew]
Yours for: $50
Best things about this cover:
- His eyes! His teeth! His lopsided ribcage!! His ankle!!! Dear lord make it stop!
- Those women are fantastically grotesque. A disquieting combo of hot & weird & malproportioned
- I can't tell if they are flirting with him or about to kill him. Veronica seems only seconds from bringing that drink smashing down on the mummy's head...
Best things about this back cover:
- A drug-fueled, sex-soaked road trip to Mexico sounds fun. The "indignities and perversions they are subjected to" while "prisoners" ... that could go either way.
- "Ironic"—HA ha. Yes, when I looked at the front cover, my first thought was, "O. Henry!"
- The condition of this book is &*^%ing unreal.
"This place gives me the willies," she glanced toward the stage where the Shetland was still lunging away at the diminutive red-head. And she still looked bored.
Uh ... oh. Oh my. That's ... something. Yet somehow the comma splice in first sentence is bothering me at least as much as the horse-on-girl action.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]