Title: Voodoo Planet / Plague Ship
Author: Andrew North / Andrew North
Cover artist: Ed Emshwiller / Uncredited [Ed Valigursky]
Yours for: $13
Best things about this cover:
- In the future, cell phone earpieces will be silly, cumbersome contraptions that double as coffee makers.
- "Golly, these black vikings are a lot less primitive than I thought!"
- Love the squiggle-edged script on the title. You can really feel the voodoo.
Best things about this other cover:
- "The Galaxy" ordered their destruction!? Wait ... "their?" Him and the bird?!?!
- Bird: "Run, Steve, Run! They'll never understand our love!"
- That is the longest, slimmest, most slowly tapering rocket I've ever seen.
And yet the hunting Hoobat was sure that the invading pests were within.
This book clearly had merchandising potential. I want a hunting Hoobat action figure to put between Batwoman and Samurai Jack on my bookshelf.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]