Author: Nicholas Fersen
Cover artist: That guy who does all the Popular Library covers whose name I just don't know
Yours for: $10
Best things about this cover:
- "See you later, lady. Thanks for all the sex. We enjoyed it."
- Least comfortable sex location ever. By a longshot. Rocky, dirty, uneven ground, surrounded by bombed out ruins. "Let's put some rebar in the foreground!" "Genius!"
- Her hand ... it's astonishingly suggestive. Is it just resting there? Going somewhere? Pulling dress down? Hiking it up? Write your own narrative.
- I love how the jolly fat guy is waving and she's got this look like "Yeah, @#$ you, you putz." Akimbo arm helps establish the defiance.
- "Not for the weak-stomached," i.e. "This book will make you barf!" Thanks, St. Louis Globe Democrat!
Best things about this back cover:
- The full akimbo!
- She has her own boy harem. Awesome.
- If you like degeneracy, this is the book for you. "Sinkhole!" "Sex and savagery!" "Thundering tide of passion and violence!" And, of course, what would a book about Italian degeneracy be without a "vicious Negro" (!?)
He's gon' listen to me, Emmanuel thought, and rejoiced, knowing nothing about the gin and what had happened a few hours before in the heat, in the filigree of sunshine and the strident sound-layers of insects.
If the writer is trying to make the reader feel the pain of his characters, he seems to be doing a good job. If I had to read 150 pages of writing like that, I'd be begging for mercy from God and repenting all my sins.