Title: Night of Masks
Author: Andre Norton
Cover artist: "JW"
Yours for: $7
Best things about this cover:
It looks a lot like this cover (Paperback 74):
- In our book, the mask is basically the same as the face of the guy holding it, whereas in the earlier book, Wrinkles McGreenhand clearly needs his mask to pass for human.
- Actually, the more that I look at it, our book appears to depict Arnold Horshack holding a Charles Grodin mask.
- Our book has more soothing colors, though the soothing they induce is kinda offset by the scimitar-wielding dance troupe in the background.
- The sky of our book appears to have been finger-painted.
- Verdict: version 1 is way way better. Horrifying and mysterious, where our book just looks silly.
"So you just went out on the surface with the boy to hide out. What did you hope to gain?"
So that's why he needed a mask. Got it.