Title: The Einstein Intersection
Author: Samuel R. Delany
Cover artist: Jack Gaughan
Yours for: $10
Best things about this cover:
- "Red Bull - gives you
gorings and talonous scrapingswings!"
- "Sorry, sir, Hideously Mutated Bovine Night is Thursday. Tonight is Ladies' Night."
- "I have seen the future ... and it has fancy vending machines."
- Sadly, that pasty discothèque bouncer / ATM guard looks a lot like me.
Best things about this back cover:
- "Cordwainer" is possibly the best first name in human history.
- I can only hope that "Lobey" has Gigantic ears.
- "They call me 'Kid Death' ... on account 'a I kill people."
- Editor me says: "'Millennia' has two 'n's"
Suddenly he tossed the skull gently. It passed me, hovered a moment, then smashed on the stones and Spider laughed. It was a friendly laugh, without the malicious flickering of fish scales and flies' wings that dazzled the laughter of the Kid. But it nearly scared me to death. I ran out the door. For one step bone fragments chewed at my instep. The door slammed behing me. The sun slapped my face.
I must give a ton of credit to the very accomplished Mr. Delany, who made sure that the cover artist got credit on this book by including him in the Dedication! Awesome:
"for Don Wollheim
a responsible man
in all meanings
to and for what is
for what is