Title: Jeopardy Is My Job
Author: Stephen Marlowe
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: SOLD! (5/19/08)
Best things about this cover:
- "Jeopardy Is My Job: The Alex Trebek Story" - exciting!
- If you cover up or otherwise ignore the dot on the "i" in SPAIN, it really really looks like SPAM. I imagine that Chester Drum there is putting on his spam-handling gloves.
- What is he doing with that glove? Is he about to commit a crime? Or give some kind of probing examination? The whole thing is very O.J.
- I like how he's balancing Madrid on the very tip of his index finger
Best things about this back cover:
- Ugh, too much text
- "Robbie Hartshorn" - Well that's a silly name. I wonder if his heart (or hart) has been shorn, and if so, what that means.
- "They were paid a monthly stipend to do their drinking on foreign shores" - How do I get that job
- This whole description sounded boring to me until I got to "... the cave where Ruy lived with a gypsy woman ..." That has narrative possibilities.
"You are free to go," one of the Guardia said in English. "The Colonel says to tell you if you do not leave Rondo before dark," he added, the words heavily accented and hard to understand, "you are being in bad trouble."