Title: Gun-Law for Lavercombe
Author: Charles Alden Seltzer
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: $8
Best things about this cover:
- "Oooh, I'm gonna moon you good, pardner!"
- Charles Alden Seltzer is a pretty uppity name for a guy who wants to write tough-guy westerns
- "I like girls that wear Lavercombe and Fitch..."
Best things about this back cover:
- Death by bull-whip has got to be a particularly bad way to die
- I like how "The Judge" is in quotation marks - I guess he got that name 'cause he likes to "destroy men with his bare fists," just like the judges in Biblical times
- "The Lavercombe Showdown" was an important precursor to "The Lindy Hop" and "The Hustle"
She saw Jerry hopping around. Apparently he was searching for something. A rock. Just as her horse reached the level at the bottom of the slope Jerry crouched, the rock in hand.
Then several things seemed to happen at once.