Title: Love-Crazy Millionaire
Author: Gordon Semple
Cover artist: Bernard Safran
Best things about this cover:
- Wow, this guy really loves boats.
- Are they on a boat? Because they are both oddly listing toward my left.
- She appears to be very drunk - I cannot imagine her speaking in anything but very slurred speech. Also, her hands are quite mannish. And no one that blond should have eyebrows that black.
- That man is one of the grosser-looking men in paperback cover history. He has a weirdly soft baby face with greasy, patchy old-man hair and an oddly hairy and wrinkly neck.
- "Office wife" is a great 1950's concept. Many paperbacks "worry" aloud about this phenomenon.
- Artist's signature right across the back of the chair - Bernard Safran was a very accomplished illustrator and artist. For more on his career, go here.
Best things about this back cover:
- Wow, the writing is really, truly horrible.
- I'm going to start saying "Wanna bet, Sue!?" any time I want to sound menacing.
- "Queerly, it intrigued her" - hmmm, now I'm interested.