Title: The Ghoul Keepers
Editor: Leo Margulies
Cover artist: John Schoenherr
Yours for: $11
Best things about this cover:
- So red
- "I am the eye in the sky, / Looking at you -ou -ou, / I can read your mind..."
- What kind of title is The Ghoul Keepers? Is it supposed to be a pun on "Goal Keepers?" I hope there is at least one story in here about monsters who play soccer.
- There is nothing recognizable in this cover painting except the supremely miserable man (possibly bleeding from his eyeballs) who is about to impale himself on the spear-like branches.
- That man is clearly damned - he has been cursed with an obscenely long thumb on his right hand ... and an exoskeleton.
- "Seabury Quinn" is the most made-up-sounding name ever ever. Ever. Actually, it's just the "Seabury" part. Unless you are a racehorse, that is not an acceptable name.
Best things about this back cover:
- Here we see the man falling in the opposite direction. And in black-&-white. How interesting.
- I actually love the cheeky reference to "The Shadow" in the footnote.
- Answers to the quiz:
3. a vampire (trick question)
5. that quiet guy next door
6. Betty & Veronica