Title: Visa to Death
Author: Ed Lacy
Cover artist: Robert Maguire
Best things about this cover:
- Original title = "The Best That Ever Did It" - not sure "Visa to Death" is much of an upgrade
- I like when cover copy sounds exciting, but, on a literal level, actually makes no sense
- Is that a gun or a trick lighter?
- Fedora McTrenchcoat and Drunky Shirtsleeves are perfect meat for the sideways-glancing red-mouth twins
- Visa-face looks like he's got "Photograph of beaver" written over his head
Best things about this back cover:
- Can we call it a "Floating Head" if it's got no scene or landscape or hapless soul to "float" over? Judges say ... yes.
- Nice justaposition of "Double" and "Single" (here, nice = stupid)
- "Whistle up the murderer"? - Like "[whistle], come here, murderer!" Or "[whistle], lookin' good, murderer!" ???