Title: I Was a House Detective
Author: Dev Collans with Stewart Sterling
Cover artist: photo
Yours for: $9
Best things about this cover:
- "I Was an Armless Psychopath"
- "Why, officer, we were just ... this is my ... he doesn't ... we're not ... say, you're handsome."
- Why is there a giant spotlight - and apparently a smoke machine - in the hotel hallway?
- This looks like a still from a low-budget production of Sartre's "No Exit"
But wait, there's more. The back cover:
Best things about this back cover:
Publisher couldn't afford real art for the back cover, so he cut-and-pasted photos onto a background drawn by a fifth-grader who hadn't yet mastered perspective, or, well, anything else about drawing. I think that lady is trying to open the "door" with some kind of beverage.
The very first page of this book promises that the book will tell you "what happens when":
- ... the "Lizzies" and "Queens" have a ball in the lobby [!?]
- ... a big-business convention brings on the girls - and the girls go wild [whether they show their tits is unclear]