Monday, January 1, 2018

Paperback 1003: Corinne / King Coral (Bee-Line 175)

Paperback 1003: Bee-Line 175 (PBO, 1967)

Title: Corinne
Author: King Coral
Cover artist: photo cover

Condition: 7/10
Estimated value: $25-30

[Newest addition to the Doug Peterson Collection]

BeeLine175
Best things about this cover:
  • Ariel? ... What happened?
  • I'm not familiar with the various forms of cantilevering and what not that are used in women's undergarments but that top seems physically impossible
  • LOL King Corals' fancy af signature stamp. "I'm an icon! I'm a brand name!" he said to himself as he sat behind the wheel of his Toyota Tercel in the parking lot at the West Covina Safeway ...
  • OK that fabric is pretty hot. I would wear a tie with that pattern for sure.
BeeLine175bc
Best things about this back cover:
  • "I quit!" said American everyman Pete Diamond. "Sure, whatever," replied his boss.
  • TEXAS is a state. NEW ORLEANS is a city. MIAMI ... is in a smaller font for some reason. THE COVER DESIGNER should be fired.
  • Pete Diamond sounds like a sex addict / serial killer. I don't know what's protecting Corinne, but she's lucky.

Page 123~

She was laughing now. Suddenly and loudly she'd broken into laughter as though I'd pulled the world's funniest funny.

"Is this how words work?" Pete funnied. "I have nil idea!"

~RP

[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]

3 comments:

Bram said...

THE COVER DESIGNER should be fired.

I dunno, that "Travelling Light" is pretty sweet. Could be on a Cocteau Twins album cover.

DemetriosX said...

I'm pretty sure that top was designed by William Ware Thiess. Of course, the original would have been made from silver lamé and the network censors wouldn't have let them use it on Star Trek.

Also, no one named Ethel has ever been exciting.

(And the OpenID identity thing isn't working.)

Xerxes Iguana said...

I’m supposed to be looking at the Hot Chick, but all I can see is the errant double space between "and" and "shape" on the front cover. The cover designer should be fired.