Title: Beyond the Night
Author: Cornell Woolrich
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $35 (slightly scuffed but essentially unread; beautiful)
- Double Fear Hand!
- It's like a flood light is 8 inches from her head. No wonder her left eye exploded out of its socket.
- The Ghost Was An Undertaker Who Wore a Virtual Reality Headset!
- Your lips are sealed, eh? Well MY LIPS DESTROY!
- "When she beckoned, dick had to follow." Wow. That is one powerful seductress.
- SOMEBODY'S CLOTHES!—the tale of a woman who has seriously had it with doing your fucking laundry.
Page 123~ (from "The Number's Up")
She was a blonde, good-looking and mean-looking, both at the same time.
"C'mon," she said huskily. "Let's go while the going's good."
As opposed to the blonde who alternates dizzyingly back and forth between good- and mean-looking. *That* girl's hard to be with.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]