Title: The House That Stood Still
Author: A.E. Van Vogt
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $8-10
- "Pete... do you see that?" "What?" "That house ... it's not moving. It's just ... sitting there." "Dear God! You're right! Call for backup."
- "DO NOT LOOK BEHIND THE MASK OR YOU WILL SEE THE TERRIFYING VISAGE OF ... Shelley? Shelley from Accounting? What are you doing here?"
- That ziggurat is gonna want to have that growth looked at.
- "Obliterate the universe from the heavens"? This doesn't sound ... right.
- Immortals are always trashing shit and running away.
- That last sentence needs a huge spoiler alert. Why would I want to read now?
"What's the good of having a forty-year-old heart and a ninety-year-old liver?"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]