Title: The Case of the Smoking Chimney
Author: Erle Stanley Gardner
Cover artist: [Charles Binger]
Estimated value: $8-10
- She's got something of the saloon about her.
- Those gloves are off-the-chart hot.
- So weird how they've given the curtains that hourglass shape. Actually, the longer I stare at the whole curtain scenario, the more it starts looking like ... something else entirely.
- Text is as if written on surface of invisible floating sphere. Strange.
- Most gigantic artist signature in cover art history and Of Course it gets cut off.
- Ooh, I like this. It's a great, simple, quick way of visually representing the Big Red Text.
- "The story they told was clear and obvious." No need to give you details. Your brain is doing fine providing those on its own.
"Well, you see it's this way," Gramps explained. "I've always been interested in crime stuff."
I feel you, Gramps.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]