Title: The Case of the Golddigger's Purse
Author: Erle Stanley Gardner
Cover artist: Robert McGinnis
Estimated value: $6-10
Condition: 8/10 (shiny and unread but mildly, uh, storage-smushed in a couple places)
- Honestly, this is ridiculous. It looks like she's somehow killed a fancy, jewel-encrusted parrot and is preparing to devour its carcass. The bones!
- There are precisely two great things about this cover: a. orange! and b. that left shoe and whatever story lies behind its location.
- I have never seen McGinnis's talents put to poorer use. A huge Perry Mason logo, but only a teeny tiny half-shod McGinnis girl?! Priorities, man.
- This way to dish!
- I'm guess a guy named Harrington Faulkner doesn't work at the docks.
- Now I ain't sayin' she a goldfish-digger...
- So ... Goldfish ... that explains the color. I think.
With every simulation of candid surprise, Dixon raised his eyebrows.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]