Title: The Shadowy Third
Author: Marco Page
Cover artist: Harvey Kidder
Estimated value: a pittance
Condition: 2/10 (read to death, i.e. beautiful to me)
- "Now *where* did I put my little dead man? I know he's around here somewhere..."
- This dude has QWD face (i.e. Quintessential White Dick). He's ... perfect / generic.
- The man above our hero's left ear is either playing "got-your-nose!" or putting that guy's eye out with a lit cigarette. Choose a scenario to fit your mood!
- P.S. a violin
- "Oh, no! Not Igor *Krassin*!" I exclaimed, reflexively.
- "What kind of knife was it, Doc?" "Thin. It was thin. It's a technical term. I don't expect you to understand."
- It took more than a game of eeny-meeny-miney-mo to finger the killer. You also had to buy him a drink first.
"All right, if that's how you want it. I trusted you, Calder, I gave you every break so you could grab a fee on that violin. You're turning out to be a heel."
I love hardboiled man-feelings drama. "After all I've done for you, couldn't you just once hold me and tell me I'm pretty, Calder, you heel!"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]