Title: Between Planets
Author: Robert A. Heinlein
Cover artist: Steele Savage (!)
Frontispiece artist (!!!): Clifford Geary
[Part of the Laura R. Braunstein Collection]
Est. value: $5-10
- Nice dismount, Space Jesus!
- Someone was So High when they designed this.
- "So, like, the dragons have eyes, but then those eyes have eyes ... like, seven eyes ... and the dragons are swimming through, like, an algae-covered pond toward a tiny floating city, and then there's this muscly space preacher in a hot orange spandex body suit who's like 'AMEN!' ... oh my god this is gonna be sweet."
- Not to bring the room down too much, but this is really poorly written. It's like a 10-year-old trying to summarize a story.
- I see now why they needed the psychedelic nutjobbery of the front cover—to offset this soporific nonsense.
- "Don, the hero of this story" is an improbable sentence.
- Oh, man, I'm gonna be having man-goat-chicken nightmares for days now...
- The twin dildos on top really tie the whole look together.
- The human appears to be unzipping his fly. I'm now a little worried for man-goat-chicken.
Involuntarily Don grunted with pain.
Choose your own context!