Title: You Can Die Laughing
Author: A.A. Fair (Erle Stanley Gardner)
Cover artist: photo cover
Estimated value: $5-10
- Yeah, well you can go *$&%^ yourself with this terrible cover, Pocket Books.
- Fully painted covers cost money. This ... doesn't.
- What the hell kind of mask is that? It doesn't even make sense as a decorative mask, as it's ugly as hell. Honestly, I think this "concept" came together in like 30 seconds. Nothing about it makes sense. It is not funny, or creepy, or anything. It is a non-cover. I'm mad at myself for buying this, for any amount of money.
- Hey there, exclamation point. How you doin'...? You've, uh .... filled out since last I saw you.
- "A figure like one of the babes in the comic strips!" That is a new frame of reference. "Mmm, I really dig her comical proportions and two-dimensionality."
- Gender-coded font colors! This has been: Great Moments in Reactionary Design ...
Bertha's temper visibly began to rise. "There are times when I could take this paper knife and cut your throat from ear to ear, Donald Lam! What the hell do you mean you rented her?"
Not sure a knife made of paper is going to do much, Bertha. Just punch him in the face. No one will mind.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]