Title: Murder Up My Sleeve
Author: Erle Stanley Gardner
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $10-12 (condition = perfect)
- The best-selling follow-up to "Larceny Down My Pants"
- Wow, that dude's magic carpet ride appears to have gone terribly, horribly wrong
- "Hi, I'm here for the 'Yoga for Mourners' class ... my, that's quite a convincing Corpse Pose you've got there."
- This cover is terrible. It has two good things about it: orange, and title font. The rest is a sketchbook, at best.
- "Hey, what if, instead of an orange rectangle, we go with, like, a jagged ... orange rectangle?" "Brilliant!"
- More great font action.
- Sleeve gun? Ohhhhhhh, now I get it. Murder up my SLEEVE. Good one. Much better than "Dartgun up My Sleeve." Wordplay!
"Mix the highballs, stupid."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]