Title: The Doom Stone
Author: Cornell Woolrich
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $15 (tight and complete but super-water-damaged)
- Vampires shower too.
- "I said MOOD RING, mom. What am I supposed to do with a DOOM STONE?" "I thought you and your little friends could summon the dead, dear."
- No pupils, no nipples, no problem!
- Skeletor Eastwood and his international gang of the undead want their goddman doom stone back.
- Aw jeez, why are the men always selling their souls and the women giving their bodies. Can't we, just once, reverse that?
- "Insult to Southern womanhood"!? How? I hope the Doom Stone insults some lady's cornbread.
The Chinese girl in the ricksha said, in an astonishingly genuine Cockney accent that must have rubbed off on her from long association with merchant-mariners and limey tars, "Don't tyke too long, byeby. We imes to get there before the plyce closes down, doncher knaow."
I think I will add Dr. Doncher Knaow to my list of aliases.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]