Author: Joan Ellis
Cover artist: [Paul Rader]
Estimated value: $17-20
- I don't know what you're about to do with the cigarette, lady, but please stop.
- She looks like if Lauren Bacall and Satan had a baby.
- I am on fire with burning ambition and a smouldering need for CHAIR.
- Scare quotes!
- This book is, like, the reddest thing I own.
- I don't know if this is a Paul Rader cover, but it feels that way, so ... partial credit!
- HA ha, more scare quotes for all things "school"-related. We get it. It's a racket.
- They're pushing this "FLAME" motif a little hard.
- No cooked facts! Only raw! This is "Talent School," ladies!
- If not a band, Hardened Harlots is at least a roller derby team name.
"Let 'em get all hot and bothered. Do 'em good," he insisted, sliding her robe into a heap on the floor, and then the bikini pajamas she wore underneath.
Google image search of "bikini pajamas" yields mostly ... well, neither bikinis nor pajamas. Is "bikini pajamas" what hep cats used to call "underwear"?
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]