Title: Call for the Saint
Author: Leslie Charteris
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $10-15
- Tied-up lady's expression: "So, uh, are we gonna do this or aren't we? .... guys?"
- This looks more like ballet than a legit needle take-away. What is that showoff one-handed bullshit? With that dramatic right hand? WTF, Saint?
- Would-be assailant is both racially and genderly ambiguous. I'm going with Philippine woman, but that's a (needle) stab in the dark.
- This cover has needle *and* bondage, so it's priceless, no matter what the market dictates.
- She's got quadrilateral eyes!
- Needle me once, needle me twice!
- No shapely rags for you, missy!
- "Almost screamed"? Not sure if her voice didn't quite there, or if she thought better of it, and went for demure statement instead.
"Killed? De Champ? Why, he'll moider de bum!"
Had to read this a few times to get it. I figured De Champ was a French dude.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]