Title: The Fall of the Dream Machine / The Star Venturers
Author: Dean R. Koontz / Kenneth Bulmer
Cover artists: Jack Gaughan / John Schoenherr
Estimated value: $20
- That water slide needs cleaning. Badly.
- I love the incongruous whimsy of the polka dots. It's like the ghoul faces are all angrily thinking "What Is This Silliness!?!?!"
- Q: What do you get when you cross Edgar Winter with a blow-up doll?
- When Car Grilles Attack.
- Tentacled floating beast ripping apart stupid flimsy human ... Now *that's* a scifi cover!
- Galactic Haystack had some minor psychedelic rock hits in the late '60s. Then they joined a cult. I hear the lead singer's a hedge fund manager now.
The man's face disappeared in a spray of unmentionable things.
This conjures up either terrible carnage or a man being assaulted by lingerie.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]