Title: Coming of Age in Samoa
Author: Margaret Mead
Cover artist: jonas
Estimated value: $10-15
- Striking design. Love the stylized monochrome foliage against the stark white backdrop.
- They seem like they're having fun.
- This probably shouldn't remind me of John Travolta and Uma Thurman dancing in "Pulp Fiction," but it does.
- The most important difference between Samoan society and our own is No Nipples ... For Anyone!
- I enjoy mentally changing "earnestly" (in Dorsey's review) to "salaciously," "lustily," "hornily," and the like.
- "The domain of erotics." I want to go to there.
- I read "primitive heart-stirrings" as "primitive heart-strings," because it's nicer.
People forgave her violence and her quarrelsomeness for sheer mirth over her propitiatory antics.
She got away with shit 'cause she was fun to be around and sometimes bought the drinks. (You're welcome)
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]