Title: Love Is the Winner
Author: Natalie Shipman
Cover artist: Nelson Davis
Estimated value: ~$15
- And Joan is the loser.
- You can tell by Joan's face that she is *not* going to lose her man to some cut-rate Lauren Bacall. "First, watercress sandwiches. Then ... revenge!"
- That knob at fake-Bacall's crotch level is, to put it mildly, distracting.
- I'd say the paperback title is an upgrade. "Who Wins His Love" = the "Who's on First" of book titles.
- I am serious when I say I want the top third of this cover on a t-shirt. WHAT'S A GIRL TO DO indeed.
- "Or shall she turn to another man..." Wait, were there really no other options in there?
- Are the demanding lips forming words that are demanding, or are they just ... really muscular and squirmy on your face?
"Are you having lunch with Jim?" Mrs. Converse had asked before she left.
"I'm going to telephone him," Kathy said. "He may be tied up."
I have to imagine him literally tied up, because otherwise this ends up being the single most boring Page 123 I've ever read.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]