Title: Fallout for a Spy
Author: Richard L. Hershatter
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $10-15
- This is an artist who just could Not get the woman's head right. Weird shapeless hair helmet + sun-baked skeleton face. Dude in the chair is not turned on. He's frightened.
- The rest of her, however, is nicely rendered. Cute underwear.
- "Richard L. Hershatter," as depicted here, is the most ludicrously serifed name of all time.
- "Shatter her … with Hershatter (Pour Homme)"
- Half-naked chairlessness was apparently a big trend with '60s ladies:
And the back cover:
- Rand Stannard! I love tough-guy names that sound like erection euphemisms.
- "Airborne rape" … that sounds horrifying and yet is making me laugh. I was not aware that this was a valid rape subcategory.
- Wait, did Rand get raped? Or did he rape someone? Either way, I have follow-up questions.
- "Sex-scarred"? "Algerian Roulette?" Is this cover copy being generated by some remedial pulp algorithm?
Mitchell looked as though he'd swallowed something sour. "Ever been made to feel like a jackass by a computer?"
Stannard arched an eyebrow.
"Not Rand Stannard, old chum," chortled Rand Stannard. "Rand Stannard don't play the sap for no one."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]