Title: Sex Store
Author: Thomas Vail
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $30-40
[Newest addition to the Doug Peterson Collection]
- This guy is ready for his Dos Equis and/or Cuervo commercial.
- The '60s were a big time for Co-Ed Eyebrow Pageants.
- This artist was justly famous for refusing to draw bodies. "Just Heads!" he'd shout.
- There appears to have been some kind of mildewy seepage in the floating head storage closet. I keep trying to make sense of the green … to no avail.
- The author's name is Thomas Vail, as in "Please veil my identity. My mom can't ever know I wrote this."
- Sex Store! Buy ten sexes, get one free.
- Sarah Campbell Italics! (dum dum DUM!)
- "Goodies" omg I just barfed a little.
- Sex Store! Ask about bulk discounts!
Honestly, this page is a little rape-y for my tastes, so … let's go with the teaser text at the very beginning of the book (very first thing you see when you open the cover):
I heard cloth rustling as she stopped there, and then she reached for me, a very beautiful creature who was completely naked in the starlight. Her hand touched me once, hesitantly, and then grew bolder.
"Why, Sir Galahad!" she exclaimed. "You didn't break your lance after all!"
First, always nice to class up your dick references with some King Arthur. Second, all her reaction makes me wonder is What Did He Do To His Lance Earlier?
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]