Title: African Poison Murders
Author: Elspeth Huxley
Cover artist: Uncredited
Estimated value: $12-17
- "Here, African. Put this on. That's better." Hashtag racist.
- Actually, maybe the green guy is a sick European. He looks like a 17th-century actor who has eaten some bad mutton.
- If you stare too long at that foreshortened thumb, you will begin to get queasy. It's… not right. Kind of like the relationship between green head and blue body. Not right at all.
- Read that second sentence as "Feces were smashed." Was briefly intrigued.
- A "native boy" wrapped in "baling wire." Hmm. That's a bit on the nose, as Slave-Trade metaphors go.
- This book should've been called "Leopard Trap!" That, or "All's Veld That Ends Veld."
"It is the way of Europeans," the house-boy said philosophically.
"You gotta read a lot of Kant to deal with these motherfuckers," he added.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]