Title: The Bombshell
Author: Carter Brown
Cover artist: Barye Phillips
Estimated value: $8-10
Best things about this cover:
- One of the few crime novels to take place entirely inside a circus tent.
- Either that is a letter-perfect come-hither look or the rabid dog on her head has burrowed deep into her skull and now has full mind-control capabilities.
- That is one hell of a negligee. So … negligible.
- You can tell police dude is confused. "Shoot the thing on her head … or ask her out? Damn it, this job's hard!"
- Title font victory! Total A+.
Best things about this back cover:
- I think I found my new look for 2015. I am only 1/4 kidding. (The 1/4 that contains the cigarette)
- Anagrams to LIE TALLY, which I'm sure is high, 'cause she's a blonde dame, know what I'm sayin'? Also LIT ALLEY, where she buys all her books, and TILE ALLY, as she's known in the bathroom flooring industry.
- carter brown sold 25.5 million books without capital letters in his name so he's not about to start now.
"Al!" She jumped up and down gleefully. "That thing's a microphone, isn't it?"
"It's whatever you want it to be, baby."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]