Title: Up Above the World
Author: Paul Bowles
Cover artist: Harry Bennett
Estimated Value: $9
Best things about this cover:
- Ooh, I love legitimate fiction. So classy.
- Swamp glove monkey scarf something something.
- Attempt to break most obscure Guinness World Record goes horribly, unspeakably wrong.
- There was a brief, terrible period in the '60s where cover artist just mashed all pictorial elements together into ugly globs.
Best things about this back cover:
- Paul Bowles! That name again … Paul Bowles! Thanks, boring cover.
- "… with mere strokes of words" (so *that's* how writing works)
- I want to change "gifts" to "cocks" in that last blurb. Just 'cause.
She hesitated and took a sip of coffee. "But what have we got in common?"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]