Title: Last of the Breed
Author: Les Savage, Jr.
Cover artist: Stanley Borack
Yours for: $12
Best things about this cover:
- "I told you I didn't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no calves! I told you!"
- Mysterious stranger just wants to borrow a bucket.
- Wardrobe malfunction in 5, 4, 3 ...
- We get it, Stan Borack—you are good at drawing hands. Stop showing off.
- "I don't know, Les, I think this tale might be a bit too savage. Do you think you could make it …?"
Best things about this back cover:
- Looks like this book was in Brian Sheridan's back pocket when he got into whatever he got into on the front cover. Books with war wounds!
- He came alive as a man. It was a good feeling. If this isn't a tale of sexual awakening, I'm gonna be very disappointed.
- What is up with the design on this cover? "The blue arrow going round and round symbolizes life's twists and turns, while the sloppy gray daubs that frame the arrow symbolize the artist's not giving a shit."
Jess Miller was helping a pair of bonneted women near the rear.
Because bonnets make it practically impossible to see back there.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]