Author: Brian Black
Cover artist: Uncredited [Barton?—see reversed signature, under couch]
Yours for: $20
Best things about this cover:
- I wish that, many years ago, I had created a "Women Spilling Backwards Off of Beds and Couches" tag. It's a thing.
- Looks like "twisted pleasures" is a literal statement. "I'm sorry, Burt, but I can't get in the mood unless I'm doing [gets on couch and adjusts herself] … [grunt, awkward dress tugging] … this!"
- I like how this cover is a panel from a Power Point presentation. Bullet list!
- Wow, high heels have done terrible and unnatural things to her feet.
- When were biceps bracelets trendy?
- I like that couch quite a bit.
Best things about this back cover:
- What is *proper* love with strangers? Does it involve handshakes and handwritten thank-you notes?
- "Candid"!? What happened to "frank"!? I miss "frank."
- Unfair to Jet Set! I'm so glad that we as a culture have evolved out of the terrible Jet-Settism that plagued our forefathers.
Nina found only one fault with the rodeo. It happened only once a year.
I knew it. I took one look at that cover and thought, "this is gonna be about the rodeo."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]