Title: Circle of Fear ("A Monarch Juvenile Novel")
Author: Alice Brennan
Cover artist: Lou Marchetti
Yours for: $8
Best things about this cover:
- "Inside the Sordid World of Valet Parking!"
- Chivalry's hard. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to defend a girl and ended up shoving her into the path of an oncoming car.
- "They learned that asking questions is always a terrible idea so just shut up, listen to your parents, and accept the world as it is, kids."
Best things about this back cover:
- "Step aside, Susan. I got this." [screeeeeeeeech]
- Wow. This is less "exposition" and more "randomized list of ingredients."
- Wow, that last line really … tells you the dictionary definition of fear. Yes it does. Informative stuff.
She gave him a misty smile. "You could've been killed," she told him. "Stan, I want you to promise me you'll never get involved in something like that again!"
"Oh, Mom," he said impatiently, "who's going to miss a little chunk of ear?"
PS sorry for the long hiatus. I'll try to cram a lot of Sensation in your face this week, before heading out again next weekend (though just for a week this time).
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]