Title: The Roman Way
Author: Edith Hamilton
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $9
Best things about this cover:
- Not sure why I own this. I mean, it has none of the sexual promise of "The Greek Way."
- Apparently ancient Rome was populated predominantly by very boring zombies who loved statuary.
- Seriously, this looks like a very badly programmed MMOG.
Best things about this back cover:
- The thing I admire most about the ancient world is all their stars were so big they only needed one name, like Cher or Beyoncé.
- What a bewitching, haunting, slightly frightening author photo.
- "… who on her ninetieth birthday was made an honorary citizen of Athens." Sadly, she did not survive the notoriously brutal "jump in" ritual.
Virgil sees no reason why cattle disease is not a subject for a poet.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]