Title: The Celebrity
Author: Laura Z. Hobson
Cover artist: Owen Kampen
Yours for: $8
Best things about this cover:
- That is some grade-A bitch-glance. Not that she's a bitch, but that she appears to be thinking, "Pfft, bitches" and/or "Bitch, please. Fawning high school groupies ain't shit."
- And the winner of "Best Middle Initial" goes to …
- Surely the greatest painterly representation of folding chairs since Monet's "Folding Chairs sûr le Pont D'Argenteuil"
Best things about this back cover:
- Thornton Johns—Folding chair magnate!
- I don't know if his wife was a "loud-mouthed bitch," but those other questions don't seem very rhetorical. "Was he living with Jill Goodwyn?" Well, he either was or he wasn't. "Was he 6'2"!? Or 5'11", as his license indicated? READ AND FIND OUT!"
- Damn, "blunt" just isn't "frank." I like "blunt." But mainly it makes me miss "frank."
A larger life, a larger Thornton Johns. The persisting fear that something might again reduce him to the lesser Thornton Johns was a nightmare, to put it politely, of amputation.
I.e. plastic surgeons gave him a substantial penis extension and he was *not* giving it back.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]