Author: Laurence Greene
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $12
Best things about this cover:
- Drunk guy remembers that one time he was really drunk.
- It is my life's ambition to be a swaggering hellhound.
- Well that's either "fear hand" or "remembering-breast-feel hand." For womankind's sake, I'm gonna go with "fear hand."
- Any sane cover artist would've shrunk Tipsy McBowtie and blown up the languorous becouched redhead.
Best things about this back cover:
- Fred T. Marsh knows from "unlaydownable." Just ask the ladies.
- Least shocking tagline of all time: "O'MARA WAS A MAN"
- "He was enormous with a woman" — but only with a woman. In the locker room: puny. Hashtag magicpenis.
- FRANK (ly brutal)!!!!! Oh, I've missed you, "frank." It's been a while.
Living in New York through the wettest Prohibition years, she had come to think of intoxication as a generally droll state.
That needs to be a caption underneath a picture of a flapper on the wall of some New York bar. Like, yesterday. Make it happen, NYC!
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]