Title: Mac Bird!
Author: Barbara Garson
Cover artist: [Lisa Lyons]
Yours for: $7
Best things about this cover:
- I … don't know what this is. Hang on. OK, here we go—from wikipedia:
MacBird! is a 1967 satire by Barbara Garson that superimposed the transferral of power following the Kennedy assassination onto the plot of Shakespeare's Macbeth.
Thus John F. Kennedy becomes "Ken O'Dunc", Lyndon Johnson becomes "MacBird", Lady Bird Johnson becomes "Lady MacBird", and so forth. As Macbeth assassinates Duncan, so MacBird is responsible for the assassination of Ken O'Dunc; and as Macbeth is defeated by Macduff, so MacBird is defeated by Robert O'Dunc (i.e. Robert Kennedy). This action is significantly influenced by the Three Witches, representing Students, Blacks, and Leftists.
- Is he green because … Scottish people … are green?
- Love the cowboy boot / kilt combo.
- I don't remember foot-jousting in Macbeth.
Best things about this back cover:
- I like how they made it seem as if LBJ were blurbing this thing. But otherwise, just a bunch of quotes. Moving on.
The EARL OF WARREN, carrying the crown, stand next to KEN O'DUNC. The "Hallelujah Chorus" plays in the back ground as he speaks.~RP
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]