Title: The New Pocket Quiz Book
Authors: Rosejeanne Slifer and Louise Crittenden
Cover artist: I doubt it
Yours for: $8
Best things about this cover:
- Well … is it the New Pocket Quiz Book or not?? Do I have to guess? I guess Yes.
- Why don't these ladies get their first names on the cover? I BLAME THE PATRIARCHY!
- If you enjoy WWII-era trivia, this is the book for you. Question: "In flying, which is the stronger tendency, to climb or to dive?" I would've thought that depended on your mood / sanity. Interesting.
Best things about this back cover:
- I like this cover's predilection for lively phrases like "Bone up!" and "Quiz-whiz!"
- "Do not under any circumstances send this to a girl in the armed forces. Anywhere."
- I don't remember seeing this exact Pocket Books logo before. The joey acts as a kind of book stand. Levenger should be all over that.
Who ran and ran and ran but never became president?
Answer: Jesse Owens
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]