Author: Jack Woodford
Cover artist: "Artist" is a strong word…
Yours for: $20
Best things about this cover:
- Man, hardback covers were (generally) sterile compared to those of paperbacks. Her boobs are prominent but without erotic quality. His mustache is thin but without erotic quality. Her hair is, indeed, epic, but again, without erotic quality.
- She does have a pretty decent "fuck-you" look, though.
- "Monica, can get you some more of these venetian blinds. In beige again, yes. That'll be all."
Best things about this back cover:
- This won the 1947 NYC erotic poetry slam.
- "Unmoral" is a word now?
- Memo to all authors—just start your own f'ing press.
Then the hyperbolic, charmingly maniacal author description: "almost satanic powers of penetrating observation"???
Nope, going with Page 133, to which I randomly opened, and which contains this improbable bit of prosemanship:
On impulse she got up out of bed. Threw off her pyjamas … Started for the door, aflame with passion at the thought of putting her warm nudity down beside his muscular, hairy male body without further casuistry.
"Got a delivery here, let's see … [checks clipboard] … looks like some warm nudity?" "Oh, great, we've been expecting that. Just put it down next to the muscular, hairy male body over there." "Alright. You gonna want any casuistry with that?" "No, just a receipt will be fine, thanks."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]